Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Repost of Guest Bedroom

I redid my guest bedroom when I first started my blog.  With only one window in the room,  it is difficult to get good photos.  I was able to get a little better pics this time and  now I know how to post larger photos.   I haven’t had time to do a current project so  I decided to share this makeover again with those that didn’t see my previous post and for anyone that would like to see somewhat better pics of the room.

I painted the walls in a linen color and made the curtains out of sheets from Walmart.  I made some throw pillows for the bed and bought a new quilt from Overstock.com.

IMG_3075

This dresser was mine when I was a little girl.  I painted it off white and added some glaze to it.

IMG_3111

IMG_3044

I painted this watering can espresso brown and added floral stems to hide an outlet.

IMG_3108

I know the tv isn’t pretty to look at, but I watch it while on my treadmill.  

IMG_3058

A closer look.  I made the little pillow. 

IMG_3098

IMG_3059

I love the glass door knob and I thought it complimented the crystal rose bowl candle holder on the other side of the bed.

IMG_3106

I have the vanity that goes with the dresser in my garage.  It is a part of my very long to do list.  If I ever redo it then it will sit here in place of this old sewing machine. 

IMG_3060

This was my 80yr old father in law’s army foot locker.  I love it.

IMG_3077 I hung m my motivational dry erase board on the wall next to  my treadmill.  I write my exercise accomplishments for the week on it. 

IMG_3112

IMG_3075-1

Thanks for taking a look. 

signature2

Linking to

The Power of Paint @ Domestically Speaking

Show and Tell @ My Romantic Home

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails