Sunday, August 15, 2010

Table Change and Lamp Redo

The mood hit me to change my lamp I have had for less than 2 months. I usually don’t change things so quickly, but I kept looking at it and it just needed some color.  With summer coming to an end, I also thought it was time to change out my vacation shells display.  You can see that post here

I also wanted to use two of my favorite old books from the box of books my father in law just gave us.  You can read about that here

Here is my new side table display.

IMG_3248 

I tried my hand at making a ribbon rosette.  I didn’t have a clue what I was doing.  It  will do.

IMG_3280

  I didn’t want to permanently change this shade so I tied the ribbon onto it and it was gapping at the top so I sewed a stitch in the back of it to tighten it up. 

IMG_3252

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The wall hides this part from showing so it works well.  I just pinned the rosette to the ribbon so it is all removable.  The jute on the edges is also just tied onto the shade. 

I did paint the base of the lamp green and glazed it. 

Here is what the lamp use to look like.

IMG_1405_thumb[15]

This is a close up of the books.  I love the color and texture on them.

IMG_3249

IMG_3256

Thanks for stopping by.

signature2

Linking to

Make it For Monday @ Cottage Instincts

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On the Porch

DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff

Anything Related @ All Thingz Related

Table Top Tuesdays @ A Stroll Through Life

Power of Paint @ Domestically Speaking

Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple

Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage

Show and Tell @ My Romantic Home

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails