Friday, June 10, 2011

Buyer’s Remorse and Lemonade

Do you ever regret a big purchase and take it back? 

IMG_0034

Just kidding.  I still have the puppy even though she drives me crazy.  I thought my sweet older dog would teach her how to behave, but as you can see above the puppy is teaching the old dog some new tricks. 

My buyer’s remorse was this.

canon 7d

The Canon EOS 7D.

I begged my husband for weeks to get it and faithfully watched BH Photo as the camera kept going in and out of stock.   I thought I needed a bigger better camera because I am obsessed fascinated with photos. 

I finally ordered it and got it yesterday.  I was so excited and proud of myself for learning how to work the controls in just a few minutes.  I really loved the controls and some of the special features the 7D has that my Canon Rebel T1i doesn’t have. 

canon7d2

I went out and took some photos and eagerly downloaded them to my computer only to shake my head in confusion.

My images were full of noise.

Not this kind of noise.

noise

But this kind of noise.

noise2

I was limited to the number of pics I could take and still be able to send back the camera.  I did get some improvement after reading how other’s dealt with the problem online and I made adjustment’s to the camera.  I had trouble with the white balance too.  When I was at my maximum number of photos that I could take and still return it I got scared and kept thinking about the amount of money I had just spent.

So I sent it back.  I will stick with my T1i for awhile longer.  I did learn new things while playing with the new camera that I can use with my existing camera so that’s a plus. 

After I took my camera to UPS to be shipped and spent half of my life waiting at the Department of Public Safety to renew my license, I came home and saw my cute little neighbor had a lemonade stand. 

For weeks she has been coming over and borrowing lemonade and selling it on the corner using a little chair and table. Everyday I could hear her and a few friends screaming at all the passing cars to buy lemonade. 

Well today is her birthday and her sister’s boyfriend made her the cutest stand. 

IMG_0752 copy

I made my husband go buy a cup.

IMG_0751 copy

They gave him 2 cups.  One for him and one for me.  You basically get one drink for 25 cents out of those tiny little cups. 

I think the stand is really cool.

IMG_0753 copy

I am going to make her a money box tonight for her birthday because they were keeping the money in one of the little cups. 

If my money box turns out I will share it soon. 

I have been feeling a bit sad today.  My son leaves for a 12 day camp on Sunday.  This is the first time he has ever been gone for more than one night.  I hope the time goes by quickly. 

Thanks for stopping by.  If you have any Canon digital SLR advice I would be glad to hear it.

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails