Saturday, February 25, 2012

Vintage Crate aka Izzy’s Toy Box

Today my son and I had one of our dates on Route 66.  We ate at the Golden Light Café and then shopped at a couple of our favorite antique stores.  I found a crate I fell in love with along with a small metal chalkboard.  I want to use them for some photo shoots in the future, but I also thought it would make a great toy box for my dog Izzy.  She has been eating pieces off of her wicker basket so it needed replaced. 

I love love love this crate. 

vintagecrate11

I used a thumb tack to attach the cool chalkboard to the crate from the inside.

vintagecrate2

I think what made me fall in love with my crate is the nails.  I love old nails and wood with patina.

vintagecrate

vintagecrate7

Izzy isn’t too sure about reaching into her new box to get her toys but she can do it.

vintagecrate6

vintagecrate9

vintagecrate10

I love when I find old pieces that draw  me in and beg me to take them home.  Especially when they work out as well or better than I had planned in my head.

vintagecrate5

vintagecrate1

I don’t think I will mind picking up her toys and putting them away because I really like looking at this crate.  Problem is I put them away and she usually takes them right back out. 

sig

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails