Sunday, April 22, 2012

Family Fun Day

We like to live like hermit crabs.  Our shell is our home.  We are happy people staying home all weekend long, but I began to worry my son wouldn’t have a lot of memories of going and doing things so I decided to invite Family Fun Day.  One day a month a family member plans a day of fun for all of us. 

My family agreed to play along today.  I planned today’s activities. 

First we went to lunch.  My husband is a picky eater so I let him pick the place.  We went to Olive Garden.

IMG_3515

Our next stop was Sports World.

IMG_3525

We all took turns batting in the cages. 

IMG_3529

IMG_3538

And then we rode the go carts.  I came in first place by the way. 

IMG_3540

Next and last was a place we had never been called A.R.C.H.  It is a building full of rock walls. 

IMG_3546

I thought I was in shape and strong, but man it was hard.  The walls were angled.

IMG_3578

Which made it tough.  David rented some shoes to help him, but it was still too hard.

IMG_3553

Some people must have figured it out though because they were climbing walls like Spiderman.

IMG_3574

My husband had the right idea.

IMG_3582

He rested while David and I tried to climb.

IMG_3547

But defeat won.

IMG_3568

And we went home. 

My husband is in charge of the day next month.  Wonder what we will do? 

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails