Sunday, May 20, 2012

I Painted My Bar Black

A couple of weeks ago I painted my bar black.  I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it either.  I thought it would tie in my hutch I painted black.  I didn’t tell my husband I painted it and he still hasn’t noticed.  Silly man. 

IMG_0102

IMG_0108

IMG_0106

Here’s a closer look at the hutch.

IMG_0104

I still love that transformation.  I have been tossing the idea of painting my cabinets off white.  If I do it, I found the paint I will use. No sanding, priming, etc.  My kind of paint.  It is not chalk paint. 

I do think I will paint my dining chairs black sometime soon.  I haven’t been in the mood for projects.  I have really enjoyed family time lately.  We spent the day at the park yesterday.  It was great. 

Remember my little stencil idea for the corbels?  It didn’t work out so well.

IMG_0113 copy 

Oh well…it is so dark under there you can’t see it.

Here is a before and after. 

IMG_3715  IMG_0106

Like it or hate it …it’s here to stay.  I will let you know if my husband ever notices it. 

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails